Photo courtesy of Rob Price Photography Tamworth
Just a really quick update. Poppy went 6 months between scans for the first time since her diagnosis 7 years ago. This led us into a little bit of complacency, especially as Poppy is so so well.
Unfortunately, there has been a tiny amount of growth in her tumour. We mean teeny-tiny too...0.8mm x 1mm, but still that dreaded word 'growth'.
Now this could be caused by any number of things...
- Poppy found it very difficult to keep still during her scan, this can dramatically affect the images - that's our hope, that she moved enough to cause this change!!
- Poppy has been having daily growth hormone injections for 10 months, she has grown over 5" in that time, a huge amount, there is a chance that the tumour has been affected by this growth spurt too.
- These tumours do fluctuate, it may well just stabilise again on it's own.
So the next steps are....
- Put Poppy back onto 3 monthly scans to watch this tumour very closely.
- Meet with her Endocrinologist to discuss lowering or stopping her growth hormones.
- Wait very patiently, thinking lots of positive thoughts, pray very hard & hopefully this will just be a blip & we can all breathe out again at Poppy's next scan.
On a positive note, a section of tumour on Poppy's brain stem had shrunk...woohoo!!!! And also, Poppy's eye test was stable & she is doing amazingly - looking forward to her dancing show next weekend when she will be in 6 dances!
So, this wretched tumour has made sure that we are all keeping our eyes wide open, hopefully just a tiny blip that will soon be over.
It's our 6th annual ball on Saturday, we can't wait!! Our total raised for BCH is now £127,000...we are so pleased!!
Love to everyone & thanks in advance for your positive thoughts & prayers,
Lisa, Brian, Poppy & Lily x