DJ Dave James at our local radio station has been a star in helping us to promote 'Poppy Fields' and publicise any events.
In February 2010 he asked Poppy to choose some songs that meant something to her, we then recorded an interview for the 'Sunday Selection' show.
Dave handled the situation incredibly sensitively & moved us to tears!!! Dave himself said...
It was a pleasure having you all in, an amazing family.
Fantastic response, the best ever from the Sunday show so again thank you.
We are entering the show into a radio awards competition.
Again many many thanks and keep in touch, we'd love to have you in again soon.
Dave very kindly sent us the interview clips, which are available to listen to below. Poppy was a little star, making light of such a hard situation in her usual cheery way!
Her song choices were...
1. Miley Cyrus - The Climb - the words explain Poppy's battle through her illness.
2. Ronan Keating - When You Say Nothing at All - our wedding song.
3. Jodi Benson - Part of Your World - from The Little Mermaid - Poppy is mad about this film!!
4. Feeder - Feeling a Moment - a song we use for our fundraising - very emotional!
5. Abba - I Have a Dream - Poppy is Mamma Mia mad!!
6. Bobby Darin - Beyond the Sea - from the film 'Finding Nemo' - Poppy spent weeks in hospital, often in isolation from 14-months-old onwards - she used to watch this film EVERY day!!
7. Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere - a song we love as a family!
8. DJ Sammy - Heaven - another beautiful song that makes us cry!!
Thank you Dave!!! You're fab!!!